WELCOME TO 2E AND 2D!
My name is Lorraine Martinez and this is approximately my 17th year teaching, but my first year here at Mitzi Bond. I have one son, who is a senior at Coronado High School, and will be off to college in one year…yikes! Other than that, I keep busy taking care of my dogs, making jewelry, and listening to music.
We all can learn.
Not all on the same day, not all in the same way.
Classroom Expectations: (Daily)
- Do not interrupt others while they are talking.
- Listen to the Teacher: eyes, ears, lips…
- Sign in and out when going to the bathroom or to drink water (2 times per day please).
- Follow directions and instructions QUICKLY.
- Do your personal BEST in all your work.
- Keep your desk and tables clean and organized.
- Keep your hands to yourself always.
- BE KIND to everyone. Always.
- Go to sleep at 8:30 p.m. (6-8 year old children should get 11 hours of sleep).
- Teacher verbal reminders and redirection.
- Teacher/student Conference.
- Student signs “Behavior Log”. After 3 times…..
- … Teacher will contact parents.
- Administration/Parent/Teacher/Student Conference (Severe or Chronic).
Classroom Rewards: Several areas to find success in their behavior!
Individual tickets given weekly for NOT signing “Behavior Book” AND individual tickets given when students are ‘caught’ following classroom procedures.
Tickets will be kept in a sandwich bag or in student binder and they are redeemable EVERY MONTH as each student chooses:
1 ticket = no shoes or wear slippers in class
2 tickets = lunch with teacher
3 tickets = bring a stuffed animal to class
4 tickets = free Homework Pass (Not able to be used on Mondays)
Group Tallies = given when a TABLE (1-5) follows “The Success Plan”, is quiet when an adult is talking to another adult, is working diligently, follows teacher directions quickly, etc. After 10 tallies per table, a reward is given! This is repeated after our 10 tally goal.
ATTENDANCE: a surprise is given to the class when A-T-T-E-N-D-A-N-C-E (10 letters) is spelled out after ALL students are present for 10 days.
8:15 - 9:00 science
9:00 – 9:45 math
9:45 – 10:30 RTI
10:30 – 11:15 P.E.
11:15 – 11:30 math con’t
11:30 – 12:05 lunch
12:05 – 12:40 math con’t
12 :40 SWITCH
12:45 – 2:15 math
2:15 – 3:00 science
3:00 – 3:15 prepare to go home
Conference time: 10:30 - 11:15
Contact me: 915-694-5195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NO EXCUSES! We are college Bound!
Graduating Class of 2031!
Mitzi Bond Elementary’s College Bound Pledge:
Our adopted school is the UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO! I am proud to be a student at Mitzi Bond Elementary. With the support of my teachers and family, I will work every day to build my character and my skills in Reading, Writing, Math, Social Studies, and Science. I work every day to prepare for my future. I will be prepared to attend college! I am important. I am smart. I work hard. My teachers and principal believe in me and I believe in myself
The University of San Francisco is a Jesuit Catholic university located in San Francisco, California, United States. The school's main campus is located on a 55-acre setting between the Golden Gate Bridge and Golden Gate Park.
Supplies: We are often in need of glue and Crayola colored pencils
Homework: study math addition/subtraction facts every night. Tests on Friday.